Monday, October 8, 2007

Dr.'s appointment at 34 weeks

I never realized how depressing it would be to go and see the doctor. Don't get me wrong, I love to hear the babies heart beat, and I love the reassurance that she is doing well and growing, but stepping on the scale each time has got to be the MOST depressing thing ever. I have decided that I would stop weighing myself at home, and only be weighed at the doctors office. This is partly because my scale has been switched to kilo's and I do not know how to change it back and am too lazy to convert it to pounds. The biggest reason that I have stopped weighing myself is because it is emotionally difficult. I know that I should be gaining weight and that the weight that I am gaining is for the baby. But stepping on the scale and seeing yourself weigh more than 20 lbs than you EVER have before is difficult. Also stretch marks are ugly and depressing. I cannot wait to have Cosette here and out of my stomach. I am excited to be able to work towards losing the weight, instead of stressing over gaining it. Oh the joys of pregnancy.

7 comments:

LOR said...

Raquel, I know what you are feeling because I obviously experienced the same emotions, but you will be amazed at how fast the weight will come off so don't stress!! You look beautiful pregnant and your due date is coming up so fast, hang in there!

OATNEAL said...

Here's the story...Take your pick.

A neverending addiction to Adalbertos burritos and Jimmy Dean sausages
or
20 meaningful pounds that you will lose in less than 4 months post partem

I'll take the latter.

camille said...

ONLY 20 lbs Raquel? If you are 35 wks along and have only gained 20 lbs than you are stoked. So, maybe 25 total? Oh girl, that will be gone in no time. If you gain less than 30 you'll be squeezing into some pre-baby pants NO PROBLEM after a few wks. Trust me...you look awesome!

Rocia said...

oh raquel,
this was my trick, i asked them to stop telling me how much i had gained. in fact, at my 6 week check-ups i tell them, "if i don't weigh less then i did when i was three months along, i don't want to hear it!" believe me, by the time cosette is four months old, you will be looking BETTER than you did before you were even pregnant(boobs and all)!

Cadle Clan said...

Raquel, you look great! You might feel big but you look like a perfect little prego lady! No stress...with nursing alone you will be fine!

Mindi said...

Raquel,
When I saw my first stretch mark with Ali, my first, I was so devastated. I told my husband probably through tears about my new discovery. He said, and I quote, "Mindi, stretch marks are the badge of motherhood and you will wear them proud".
They are no fun though. If it helps any you are super cute pregnant.

KatieBeth said...

I don't personally know about all of this (yet!) but i just have to say you are one of the cutest pregnant ladies i have ever seen!