Friday, November 30, 2007

We're home!

We came home this afternoon. It is wonderful being home and not carrying around a huge belly. I went into the hospital on Wednesday morning at 7:30. They started the pitocin at 9:00, I had an epidural around 11:00, and she was born at 3:34 in the afternoon. I was able to sleep for the first 1 1/2 hours after receiving the epidural. It went really well and was pretty quick. I loved the epidural and will never try to give birth without one. We watched the Office the first 3 hours, and when my pain started to return, Marc turned it off (so he wouldn't be laughing through contractions). Marc was so awesome through it all, and he didn't even pass out. We named her Cosette Elizabeth Ruggles. We are so glad to be home. Thanks for all of the nice comments, texts, phone calls, etc. It is so great to feel supported by such awesome friends and family.

9 comments:

arah said...

That sounded just like Brinley's birth, but she was born at 3:36pm. I would have loved an epidural with Olivia, but she just came too fast...12 minutes from the time we got to the hospital. Quick, but painful.

Lindz said...

Congrats Raquel and Marc! she is so beautiful!

Rebecca said...

Why did I think to suggest Elizabeth as a middle name...it's mine too! Hurray for the Ruggles family! I can't wait to see her and bring her little headbows!

Rocia said...

Julia was 3:37...weird! Although it was am and not pm. Little Cosette, you are even more beautiful than your pictures! We love you!

Shauna said...

Raquel, i love her. I really do. She looks good enough to eat.

nicole said...

congratulations Raquel and Marc, she looks absolutely perfect...I love those cheeks!!

camille said...

hoorayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys! I am relieved for you that all is well and Cosette has made her arrival. She COULD NOT be more perfect and I can see the both of you in her little face. I see you went with Elizabeth. Good choice. I think that just rolls right off the tongue! Can't wait to meet her in person. Love you guys!!

Marisa said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! And Cosette Elizabeth sounds perfect. Nice work.

Kaisa Bailey said...

by the way everyone...her cheeks are BETTER than they look. I know it doesn't seem possible but they are. They are better than those Sensa gel pens....sorry I'm just a psycho auntie.