Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Yes, I am still pregnant

I was due on November 18 and it is now November 20 and I am still pregnant. I had a doctor's appointment today and there has been no new "progress". My induction date is scheduled for November 30th (DEPRESSING), so hopefully she will come before then. I really wanted to have a baby by thanksgiving, but it looks like we will have one either on, or after the 22nd. Maybe she will have her cousin Courtney's birthday (28th). For now, I will just try and relax, get some sleep in, and not be too depressed. Marc gave me a blessing last night, and that helped provide some comfort. I am really excited to see all of my family, despite the fact that I am huge. I really only want to spend time with my family and closest friends right now. I am just so tired of hearing the question at church or in the grocery store: "you still haven't popped?" or "you are STILL pregnant!?" I think the answer to these questions are pretty obvious. Maybe if you already know the answer to such a question, you shouldn't ask it.
Also, I was wondering what would happen to my "baby countdown" once it hit 0 days. Well it has started to add days. It now shows how many days overdue I am. I am leaving it on there so you guys can look at it and feel sorry for me. I swear the reason for this post was to update, but it sounds like a pity party for myself. I guess that is allowed.

15 comments:

Shauna said...

its allowed. And i am sorry to say this but i hate that baby countdown floating fetus baby thing. it freaks me out.

i wish Cosette would come already.

Monica Mary said...

Yeah people and their silly comments. I started getting those questions a month before I was due because I was sooo big! She'll be here soon enough and you'll forget all about this-but that doesn't help right now does it?

Good luck with labor and delivery. You'll be a great mom to little Cosette!

arah said...

Well when that baby finally does come, those extra days will seem like nothing. Then she will grow up so fast and you will wonder where all that time went.
I know the last few weeks are really hard. You just can't get comfortable.
Love you and hang in there.

julie said...

hi raquel, i love you and your siters blogs, but haven't left coments before. i WISH i was as cute as you pregnant. being overdue means your baby will probably come out super chubby and healthy! :) love you!!
(ps. if she's born the 22nd, she'll share kamis birthday.)
-cousin julie

julie said...

ha,ha arah! funny! we are on at the same time! :)

LOR said...

I feel your pain Raquel...Elle came one week late and that was after being induced. They have their own time schedules these little ones. We can't wait to see you, and are praying that Cosette will arrive so we can meet her while we're home.

Van Horne said...

I love you! You look so good. And I'm so sorry if I asked those questions. Of course thats the last thing you want to hear. I hopefully hear from you soon.

genie and ty said...

You are beautiful and i'm thinkin of ya!

genie and ty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janelle. said...

You know those pregnant comments get really old but everyone thinks they are so original when they say them...I was really good at the courtesy laugh by the end of my pregnancy. Good luck and try and enjoy Thanksgiving!

Katie Beth said...

I'll be thinking about you in the coming days, and i can't wait to see pictures of your precious little girl. Love you

Marisa said...

Wait, you are STILL pregnant? Haha just kidding. I love you Raquel bell! When my mom was pregnant with Kendall, at six months she looked nine months pregnant and everyone wondered if my parents had a shotgun wedding... so at least you don't have to worry about that. Haha. But I hope the babe comes soon and I hope I can meet her over Christmas! Love ya!

Rocia said...

My sweet little Raquel. Little do you know, Cosette just wants to enjoy a delicious Thanksgiving feast at the expense of her dear mother. But PLEASE Cosette, get on the stick, we want to see you.

camille said...

Poor Raquel! I feel for ya, my dear! You are taking it all in stride and it's true...once she comes you won't believe it was that long to make her! You are such an amazing girl and everyday I am more impressed than the next. Love you and am so hoping Cosette makes her way into the world sooner than later! xoxo

Stefany said...

I didn't want to ask so I keep checking your's, Rocia's and Kaisa's blogs for pictures.

Hang in there!!! It seems like forever, but she'll be here soon!! Take advantage of these extra days and get some sleep!! Love you Raquel!