Saturday, December 15, 2007

Lovebird Tagged

So I wasn't going to do this because I was embarrassed to post it, just like Kaisa, but I'll be brave because I enjoyed reading Kaisa's and Jami's:

1. Where did you and your husband meet?------April 22, We met at Mark and Charlotte Bailey's. (Kaisa's in-laws) Her and Scott were living there at the time and her and Scott strategically invited me over because they knew that Marc was coming over to visit the Baileys for the first time since he'd been home from his mission.

2. 1st thing said-----Probably something like "hey" (I'm sure we were introduced by Charlotte)

3. 1st date-----We went to In 'n Out one night to get milkshakes. He had wanted to hang out with me and I had kept turning him down because I was so busy with work and school. I ended up leaving my friends birthday celebration early and texting him to see what he was doing. He talked about his mission the ENTIRE time. This wasn't really an official date, but it was the first time, just us two hung out together. I first official first date was 3 weeks after we started dating. He took me to Cattlemens and to Old Sacramento on a ride on the River Otter, on the Sacramento River. Marc was SO good at dating. He took me on the greatest dates and treated me like a queen. I loved dating Marc!

4. 1st kiss-----June 1, We were on the porch swing at my parents house. I have already called dibs on the porch swing. I mean that is where our relationship began.

5. Long/Short Courtship or engagement-----We dated for exactly 5 months before we were engaged. We were engaged 3 days shy of 3 months. So it was pretty quick, but it was enough time for me.

6. Where did you get engaged------We were engaged on November 1 on the Golden Gate Bridge. We had gone to SF for the day with our friends, Winston and Kaela. We spent the day sightseeing. We went to Coit Tower, Pier 39, Lombard Street... We decided we wanted to walk onto the Golden Gate Bridge, because none of us ever had. We walked to the first tower on the bridge and Marc showed me a DVD he had made me for our "5 months". It was pictures and videos of us from the past 5 months. At the end the music changed to "going to the chapel" and the pictures changed to Marc going to the jewelry store, picking out/purchasing my ring, etc. Then the last frame said, "I have something to ask you". He set the DVD player down and got on one knee, opened the ring box, and my ring fell out onto the Bridge, almost into the SF Bay. Marc quickly scooped it up, and gave it to me. Sorry that was so long. I think Marc did good though. I love that story. The picture below is right before we were engaged. Marc asked me at the cutout around the first tower (the one closest in the picture).

7. Where were you married?-----January 28, Oakland, California Temple. It rained, but I was so happy and out of it that I didn't even care.


8. How did the Reception go?-----Our reception was at the Roseville Opera House. There were a bunch of people there, and it was fun. The hardest part was trying to leave. Everyone wanted to say goodbye to us, and chat with us a second time. I loved our party though.

9. Where did you go on your honeymoon?-----We went 5 months later on a Cruise to Mexico. We were married in the middle of our semester of school in Utah. We had to fly home Wednesday, get married Saturday and fly home Sunday to go back to school on Monday. At the end of May we went on our cruise. We stopped in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. It was so much fun and I highly recommend going on a honeymoon a couple months after you get married. I do wish we were able to go somewhere for a couple of days right after we were married, but we had to go back to school. The picture below is us riding on a quad on the streets of Mazatlan. It was so fun and we were right next to the ocean the entire time.

Sorry if this was extremely boring. It was fun for me to remember all that stuff. In 1 1/2 months it will have been 2 years! Time has flown by so fast. I love my Marc, and it is crazy to see how much our relationship has changed in the past 10 months. He is such a great husband and an excellent Dad. It is so fun to watch Marc with Cosette. He is so obsessed and I love it. Love you Marc!

7 comments:

Kaisa Bailey said...

I loved that....I was wondering to myself why I didn't tag you and it's because Jami did. I tried to upload pictures of Scott and I but it wouldn't work...and I ended up watching my growing up and wedding videos... then I started crying like an idiot. Soooo no pictures for now but hopefully today I can put some up. Yours is cute....and yes I will take credit for hooking you and Marc up!

Tiffani said...

I never knew that Marc was such a Romeo. Thanks for sharing your story , it wasn't boring at all.

camille said...

Oh I just love that story! I love hearing how Marc was/is so romantic. I would like to take some credit for that since he used to sit at the kitchen table while me, Melanie and Melissa would talk about guys and the goods and bads, etc. I swear he was taking notes. HE was like 8 or something. You are so good to him, too, Raquel. You are awesome and I am so lucky to have you as a sister! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I don't know why on earth you were embarrassed to post that. I think I already knew all those stories but it was fun reading them again. And by the way, in case anyone hasn't told you, your child is pretty dang gorgeous! (I know a million people have told you!)

Raquel Ruggles said...

I can not take credit for that idea. I found it on www.waystopropose.com

Raquel Ruggles said...

The previous comment was from marc.
kaisa- thank you for my husband. cami- thank you for training my husband. he is quite the romeo and I love it. I always wanted a romantic husband, and thanks to his sisters, he is SO good to me!

the straz fam said...

You guys are such a cute couple and with a fun love story! And now you have the most adorable little girl too! I'm glad I tagged you so I could read all about how you met!