Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Depressing
A couple of months ago, I picked up Marc from work. I stopped at a stop sign and turned left. I saw a CHP officer parked on the street I had just turned on to. I remember thinking in my head, "I am so glad I came to a complete stop". As I passed the officer his lights came on and he flipped around right behind me. I pulled over and he wrote up a ticket for the tint in our drivers window being too dark (Marc tinted them both, but 6 months ago the passenger window was bashed out and we never re-tinted the new window), and no front license plate. Just a fix-it ticket right? So I received the ticket in the mail and stuck it to the fridge, so I wouldn't forget it. I forgot it. My ticket is passed due. If I would have paid on time it would have been $10. I called the court today. $388.00 with correction and $500+ without. So I have will be going to the court to get it appealed. Thank you Marc for calming down a emotional wife, and for tricking out our car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
oh Raquel. that just stinks. I probably would have forgotten too. especially for a fix it ticket.
bummer, i did something very similar to this when i was about 19. i got a minor ticket in cal. while visiting and forgot to pay it. 2 years later my mom recieved a bench warrent in the mail for me in washington state (i was living in utah at the time) and i had to go back down to the cal. court with the realy convicts and thugs to take care of it....
DEPRESSING. ugh...so so lame.
I hope you don't hate all chp officer. Don't worry all bad things come to a end. In a couple of months it will be a laugh matter. I love yeah!
hahaha SO SORRY! what a bummer, and this sounds like something i would totally do. Yesterday i paid at a toll booth and they started driving away and this red light started flashing and buzzing... i am nervous that a ticket might be coming my way, BUT i paid the dumb toll!!!
Don't worry Jules. I could never hate your sweet husband. I have to go to court in July though. At least there is no longer a warrant out for my arrest.
You have such a sweet husband, to help you calm down...I know that I would have been hysterical. Don't beat yourself up too much...people aren't perfect. We make mistakes:)
Post a Comment