Saturday, October 11, 2008

PRESERVE MARRIAGE!

 I will be voting YES on PROPOSITION 8 on NOVEMBER 4th!

  • Having tolerance without condoning.


    We can love someone while still maintaining and advocating our standards and beliefs.
  • Unless Proposition 8 passes, California society will soon undergo a profound change in its basic understanding of marriage and family life.


    That will affect everyone in numerous ways. Over time, greater acceptance of nontraditional marriage will be demanded of all people. This could impact the ability of any religion to teach and practice its beliefs.
  • Proposition 8 will not hurt gays.


    In California, the law provides for marriage-related benefits to be given to civil unions and domestic partnerships. Proposition 8 does not diminish these benefits.
  • Failure to pass Proposition 8 will hurt children.


    If gay marriage remains legal, public schools will put it on equal footing with traditional marriage. Children will likely receive “age appropriate” information about sexual relations within heterosexual and homosexual marriages.
  • Failure to pass Proposition 8 will hurt churches.


    The court’s decision will inevitably lead to conflicts with religious liberty and free speech rights. Society will become more and more hostile to traditional beliefs about marriage and family.
To learn more go to protectmarriage.com, or preservingmarriage.org. 

9 comments:

That's what I think said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

that's it

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shauna said...

all of these people are nasty and im not mentioning names but maybe check the sex offender registry...yikes.

Raquel Ruggles said...

I do not "blog" but this is a good exception. For any of you blog stalkers who like to leave comments on prop 8 on a strangers blog, both candidates are for marriage between a man and woman. I know that the left wing media in which you marinate does not tell you this, but it is true. Check it yourself, or simply listen to the vice presidential debate. You probably do not have a computer or television though because you think "big brother" is watching you. So if you feel like writing some illogical, radical,and ignorant comment, stick in in your foil hats and save it for the voting booth.

Raquel Ruggles said...

the above comment is obviously from marc, the defensive, political, cute husband of mine.

Morgan Werner said...

Oh my gosh, Raquel, those comments all make me so mad. I am so sorry that random people that you probably don't even know feel like they need to come bug you about your beliefs. I agree 1000% with you, and I WILL be voting YES ON PROPOSITION 8. I'm not gonna lie, I don't want my future children to be indoctrinated about homosexual marriage as an acceptable way of life. Yes, blog stalkers, I just called it unacceptable! I'm not saying that you aren't good people, and I'm not condemning you for being gay if you are. I just believe that Heavenly Father (yes, I am bringing God into this) meant for the SACRED, sacred, sacred institution of marriage to be for a man and woman, and for a man and woman ONLY.

Ok, I could go on and on and on, but I'll shut up now because I don't want to use your blog as a forum for my rantings.

Raquel, feel free to delete my comment if you feel it is too contentious or just fuling the argumentative fire. I just get so irritated and tend to rant. In any event, I will be emailing you so that you can put me on your list of viewers if you want! ;-)

Marc- that was AWESOME! Amen, brotha!

kelsey said...

VOTE YES ON PROP 8!!!

kelsey said...

VOTE YES ON PROP 8!!!