So the month of August has been an exciting one so far.
On the 3rd we had an attempted break-in. The next day we bought and 18 inch barrel for the 12 gauge and I have been practicing a bit. I feel much more comfortable handling the 18 inch barrel versus the 28 inch barrel.
To make a long story short: 2 men in their twenties tried to open the front door after ringing the bell twice. I checked the peep hole and STARTED locking the door just as they attempted to open it. Later that evening I found out they had been in the back yard. The alarm has been set since and the 12 gauge has been readily available. Our CHP friend told us that if they were to come back it would be in the evening. Thanks Elliot for making me afraid of the dark.
Yesterday, August 19, I went shopping at the outlets with my Mother. I accidentally left my iphone on the bench in the dressing room. Marc has this sweet app/program on the phone that locks the phone remotely and can send it messages. So I had my Mom call Marc when I noticed I couldn't find it and he locked it, sent a message to it that said: lost phone, please call ____ (Marc's number). Marc also has a sweet app that locates the phone using the GPS. So He locked it, sent it a message and found out where it was. I got home at 6 and a few minutes later he told me it was moving. SWEET. my phones stolen and someone is taking off with it. So I called the store we were visiting and asked if the dressing room attendant was available to see if she saw it. (The dressing room had been completely empty and we had left at least 20 articles of clothing in the dressing room.) The worker tells me that the dressing room attendant got off at 6 and was already gone. So I ask to speak to the manager and go on to tell him that I think she stole my phone and that it is currently traveling on the freeway and getting off on Sunrise. Then the signal is dropped... she turns off the phone.
About 90 minutes later the phone is turned back on and is sitting at a house. As soon as Marc gets a location he hops in the car drives there and sends the girl all sorts of creepy messages. Like what her address is, where she works, what she looks like, etc. I call the store and tell them that my husband has picked up a signal and that he is driving to the location and that the cops are meeting him there. The manager tells me that the worker I accused lives on that street and that he called her and she denied it.
So the cops come, talk to the Dad, and after a while of being in the house come out and tell Marc that the girl left after receiving all of the creepy messages and that she has destroyed the phone. She comes home and gets out of her car SOBBING. The family talks to the cop and come and ask Marc what they want to do with the situation. Marc tells them that he just wants to phone back. (we have accident insurance on the phone, so we are hoping we will get it replaced free of charge). The girl comes and talks to Marc and my Parents (they met him there). She remembers my Mom from the dressing room and felt so so bad. Marc like the awesome guy he is tells the cops and her Dad that he was once a teenager that made stupid decisions and that he doesn't want to press charges.
MORAL OF THE STORY:
buy an iphone.
download whatever app it was (mobileme maybe?)
be a crazy man and follow the GPS signal you receive
buy accident insurance
and have a huge bark and no bite (like marc).
oh... and don't leave your phone in the dressing room.
10 comments:
Wow!! Great story. That application is awesome. And I love that he was sending her creepy messages. That is so cool. Now I just hope someone catches those guys that tried to break into your house. That is seriously creepy. Gosh ... crazy times.
Good thing she wasn't smart enough to turn the GPS off and put it in airplane mode. That happened to my buddy's iPhone and they were only able to tracked it for a minute before it got turned off.
Did Mark put buck shot in the shotgun something better?
Now- if I was an intruder in your house..... I would be afraid of the dark. Sounds like you are totally prepared! =)
totally nuts!!!!
iWOW! Craziness! im so sorry that all this has happened to you. hope that they catch those guys!
Love you,
MaKenna
WOW! Craziness! im so sorry that all this has happened to you. hope that they catch those guys!
Love you,
MaKenna
ummm... that is creepy and I think I need an IPHONE!!!!
Okay that is scary that you were that close to an attemptive break in and sorry about your phone. Poo on teenagers.
Shaun got a gun after some guy on drugs tried to break down his door at 1 AM on New Years Eve. Definitely scary (especially with kids in the home).
The iPhone story...that had me laughing. Rand dreams of the day he can track someone down and catch them in the act. That was very nice of Marc, but hopefully she still got majorly grounded by her parents so she at least learned some kind of lesson.
dude Marc, you are freaking awesome.
Post a Comment