Wednesday, January 19, 2011

November


i am a major blog slacker... what's new?
The holidays were so nice and chill. I usually have a really hard time come October and November because I HATE being cold and I usually am. I am a crazy lady that has a hard time enjoying the holiday season until the week of Christmas...BUT, for some reason this year was different. I loved the holidays and I don't know if it was because it stayed warmer longer, or if it had something to do with Marc having a little more free time, or the fact that I wasn't pregnant, but it was great. I hope every fall and winter are as great as this one has been.
Here are a few things that happened in November:

Rawson really started eating food. He tried peas and loved them... but then again he'll eat anything and begs for it all the time.
Just had to document the attempt at finger waves in cosy's hair. just about the only thing you can do with her hair.
Marc and Melissa did the turkey trot in Folsom and we actually were at the finish line this year... maybe someday I'll run it myself?
Cosette, Courtney, Melanie, Melissa, Kristin, Marc, Papa Stan, Grandma Linda and I went and saw Tangled for the girls birthday. Cosette has seen it a total of 3 times in the theater (again on Christmas eve with me, while Marc cleaned the house--so nice, and the 3rd time with Grandma Julia) . I often times hear her shouting at the top of her lungs, "when will my life be-gin?" She wants to be rapunzel and marry flynn rider so bad.
We enjoyed a perfect Thanksgiving at Cia's. I think the only thing that could have made it better would be the Neal & Lauren Thomson clan and sweet Elder Thomson.
the kids bobbed for doughnuts, apples, rode the bronco, pinned the feather's on the turkey...it was wonderful.
We had so much good food and I vote to do it at Cia's every year. She is such a great hostess and so cute and festive. plus she has a sweet bar to serve everything and a play room for the kidlets.

Cosette turned 3. She is such a girl and is so cute and sweet. While I was decorating the house for Marc's birthday (on January 16th), she asked, "Mom it it my birthday again? Am I 4 now?"
we had a tea party with the Thomson cousins. We told all the kids they had to hold their pinky up while drinking their tea. She made sure to hold hers up... just not the right hand.


And here's another shot of the amazing cake my Mom decorated. She spent a few hours making it look better than the one on the box.
She was so cute when she opened all of her presents and I need to get the pictures my Mom has on her camera of her gasps and funny faces she made from the awesome and thoughtful gifts she recieved.
The next day was church (on her actual birthday) and then we went over to Grandma Linda's & Papa Stan's to celebrate with Courtney. She loved her doll house from Grandma and was spoiled beyond measure!
Posted by Picasa

and if you are Makenna and you are still reading, thank you for the motivation. and maybe i'll be better at this this year?

4 comments:

arah said...

I was going to ask if you had tried to finger wave Cosette's hair. Ha! So cute.
It looks like you guys had a fun holiday season :)
You know, you could come up here where we haven't seen sun for days and have freezing rain today...just kidding.

Anonymous said...

I love the tea pinky, the MAGICAL cake your mom did, your baby boys 3-inch-long eyelashes, and I envy your Thanksgiving party at Cia's. I want to see her house! I miss you cute girls.

Kenna said...

Haha. I was actually reading it! Thanks for the update. :P

Tell Cossete and Rawson that I love them!! And I love You and Marc!!!!

~Kenna

LOR said...

I hope you had a great birthday Raquel!! As usual your gift will arrive late! Your kiddos are just too darling, I really wish we could spend more time with them. Elle wants a Tangled birthday party this year, so maybe Cosette can give us some pointers, I think she's the expert!