Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Christmas/December

I'm really great at doing all of my pictures backwards. We had a wonderful December.
Neal is always entertaining us and it was heaven having them in town so long.

Christmas day church outfits.
Cosette wrote half of Santa's note.

Christmas morning the kids were in heaven. We opened stockings and they saw the unwrapped Santa gifts and then we trekked over to Marc's parents for breakfast. Candy cane coffee cake!
The day Gary came home! December 21st. It has been a dream to have our sweet Gewy home.
Cosette had a little asthmatic spout in December. She woke up the middle of the night and couldn't breathe. I was about to take her to the ER, but after a shower steam/mom helping her calm down she was okay. She had to be on a nasty steroid for a few days and totally had roid rage. She was so excited to be done with her 'burning medicine'. It was such a nightmare to give to her. The day Gary came home she had the worst dark circles under her eyes and was kind of a drama queen/angry psycho. We were all glad when she was done with her steroid.
December 23rd Christmas party. We did our annual talent show and nativity re-inactment
Rawson did the 'flare' and then turned to all of us and ate a cookie in the middle of it. That is why Marc is laughing so hard. We were all dying. This kid is always making us laugh.

Cosette memorized one of her favorite books, "There used to be an alligator under my bed" and "read" it.
We made chocolate crinkles for Marc's family Christmas party. They are one of Marc's favorites from his childhood.
Cosette was the star in the nativity.
On December 14th, we visited Carrie. We didn't bring the balloons, but I was glad they were there so my kids would stay occupied while I said hello.
We went to Marc's work party and they did ice skating at the end. I think Cosette took 3 laps before she was done. The miniature skates were so stinking cute.
One of our favorite December activities was looking at Christmas lights. The above picture is from the Fab 40 in Sacramento.
Posted by Picasa Cosette added the star to the top of the tree this year.

3 comments:

Darla said...

What a sweet post. You have a wonderful fam, Raquel. So awesome that you guys are so close. Wish we could have that. And so happy Gary's home!!

Life Is Golden said...

That Nativity scene... is Awesome... Baby Charlotte's chub is to die for. And I think I just missed your birthday... Hope it was perfect!

LOR said...

I love the picture of Neal, captures him perfectly! Missing you guys a lot, hope you're feeling well!