Sunday, May 9, 2010

the last...

This weekend we did a lot of things for the 'last time' as a family of 3.
The pictures are all out of order, but we went to the zoo.

celebrated Mother's Day with only 1 baby of our own.
walked over to Grandma 'Winda's' for dinner without a babe in arms.
The Thomson momma's
sat on my shelf for the last time.


went on the Folsom train. She was in heaven all day Saturday at the zoo.
Daddy fixed her smudge for the first time (maybe also his last.... I hope not. It was so so cute!)
played shooting games with Dad at Sunsplash. (we were hunting bears, not people)
so Cos is officially in her big girl bed and off of the futon, but this was the last night her crib was in her room. I got really emotional when we took out the changing table, crib and dresser. My little baby is growing up.
We snuggled on the couch for the last time tonight and she fell asleep on me. It was the perfect ending to the weekend and the perfect ending to Mother's Day.

I am so excited for tomorrow and couldn't help but cry all day long for Cosette. I know a sibling is one of the best gifts we could ever give her, but I was so emotional for some reason.... maybe the hormones, maybe Mother's Day, maybe scared a tiny bit for the induction?

A sweet lady at church (Michele Mckee) let me sob on her shoulder today. I love her and to this day she is one of the only ones besides family and Cosette's bff's family that has EVER babysat.

I am really excited that tonight is my last night (hopefully for a while) of:
heartburn
additional stretch marks (i got more today)
mother's mask --i look like i have a mustache and a brown forehead.
swollen extremities
non-stop peeing
aching back, ribs, legs
jumpy legs EVERY NIGHT
the scooting pain to be gone (you know when you try and scoot something with your foot and it kills because that muscle is completely shot?)

CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU RAWSON!
how depressing would it be if they sent me home yesterday?

5 comments:

LOR said...

We are so excited for you Ruggles family!! We are thinking of you today Raquel and hoping all goes smoothly for your delivery. Post pics soon of that precious new boy and give him hugs and kisses from all of us!

Cadle Clan said...

We are so excited to meet Rawson!!! You are such a fantastic mother and Cosette and Rawson are so blessed to have you as their mom!

Smith Family said...

Awww, what a cute post. It actually made be cry. I too get really emotional thinking about Sidney not being our one and only but at the same time can't imagine life without siblings. By this time Rawson has arrived and he's precious! Hope you guys are doing great and settling into life as a family of four. :)

camille said...

ok, all those prego aches and pains you listed brought back A LOT of memories just then! So touching all those lasts! Awwwww! Funny thing is you won't remember life without little R after he comes. You ARE an amazing mom and person, Raquel! I just love you and think you are super in every way! Rawson is perfection and too cute and I love him so much! Can't wait to come home one of these days and see you all...with gifts in hand!! :) xxoo

Forever Young said...

Rocky... I just love you so much!!! Feel so blessed that I have had such a wonderful cousin and friend my whole life. I pray that my babies will be able to have the relationship with their cousin's that I have. Love you:)