On Tuesday evening we headed to Seaside, OR for our Erickson family (my Mom's side) reunion.
On the way to Seaside, we stopped in Portland to check out the Portland Temple. I had never seen it in person and it is so beautiful and so large. It was closed for renovations/construction, but the kids enjoyed a much needed car break.
Thursday we spent the whole day at the Beach. Marc got a sweet burn on his legs and we just chilled all day long.
We flew kites with cute little cousins
Marc mastered the 'night fury/hiccup' (the name of our kite--it looks like hiccup from how to train your dragon)
Cos made sand angels with Rock and Rafe
and we caught up with lots of awesome family.
The next day we decided to do some exploring. We went to Astoria and checked out the Goonies house and ate at the MOST AMAZING fish and chips place. I even liked the fish (which is a HUGE deal).
After we gorged ourselves with fish and chips, we went to Cape Dissapointment. We took a nature hike to the lighthouse and found some treasures a long the way.
The whole Thomson family. (minus Gary and Mom--the photographer)
Cosette is becoming more and more like her mother. She TOUCHED a banana slug. She was such a girly-girl, but is enjoying wild life and bugs more and more.
dreamy Baine (i can't wait to meet little lottie in a 12 days!)
Jordie (above) and my cousin Julie were the masterminds behind the reunion and made it so much fun!
I was able to meet a couple of sweet babies and be reunited with some others. Bella is so sweet and dreamy and I hope I get to see her and her parents sooner than 5 years.
We had a family 5K 'fun-run'. Apparently our family isn't very fun. None of the Julia Thomson family participated in the running.
All of the awesome runners.
Kurty and Amanda are getting married October 22 and we are so excited to have another addition. She and Kurty are so cute together and all of the kids are obsessed with her!
After the fun run and brunch we headed to Cannon Beach/Haystack Rock.
Saturday we took family pictures, had a weeny roast (that we missed because I swear I have stomach problems), and hung out at the beach one more time.
The original Erickson crew with spouses.
l-r: Brian, Renee, George, Beth, Dauna, Bruce, Lana, Jimmy, Nora, Mark, Gary, Mom and Dad. We missed Uncle Lester and Aunt Ruth.
I think about 140 people showed up and we had a fun-filled 5 days. I think my favorite part was chatting with some of my girl cousins until 3:00 in the morning. I made it to 1:30ish and fell asleep on the couch (I think this always happens).
THANKS JORDIE, JULIE, ARAH and whomever else worked so hard to make it happen! Maybe we can do Bodega Bay in 2013?!

4 comments:
Great recap, Raqk. You took a lot of great pictures! I never got to officially meet Amanda, so I need to do that... hopefully we'll be up in the area soon to see you all again. And the 3 am group talking session was my favorite part too. I wish we could do that like once a week.
Nice pics, especially the one of me :)
Good times.
fun post! we miss everyone already:) i will totally help you plan bodega bay. note: i said help;)
Aww, that trip looks amazing. I loved all those pics. Cozy and Rawson are so dang cute. I miss you guys! Love that one of Coz in the red glasses. She is too cool for school, I tell ya! Love you!
Post a Comment