Tuesday, November 18, 2008

1 year ago...

was Cosette's due date.  It came and went and no baby.  Here is part of my post from last year at this exact time:

"Yes, I am still pregnant".  I was due on November 18 and it is now November 20 and I am still pregnant. I had a doctor's appointment today and there has been no new "progress". My induction date is scheduled for November 30th (DEPRESSING), so hopefully she will come before then... Maybe she will have her cousin Courtney's birthday (28th). For now, I will just try and relax, get some sleep in, and not be too depressed...I really only want to spend time with my family and closest friends right now. I am just so tired of hearing the question at church or in the grocery store: "you still haven't popped?" or "you are STILL pregnant!?" I think the answer to these questions are pretty obvious. Maybe if you already know the answer to such a question, you shouldn't ask it.  Also, I was wondering what would happen to my "baby countdown" once it hit 0 days. Well it has started to add days. It now shows how many days overdue I am. I am leaving it on there so you guys can look at it and feel sorry for me. I swear the reason for this post was to update, but it sounds like a pity party for myself. I guess that is allowed.

I remember people telling me, "After she gets here you will wish she was back inside you."  I can say that I have NEVER wished that.  I am so grateful Cosette FINALLY arrived and that many of you wrote words of encouragement on my blog post.  I think Arah's (my sweet cousin) hit it right on the head. 

"Well when that baby finally does come, those extra days will seem like nothing. Then she will grow up so fast and you will wonder where all that time went. I know the last few weeks are really hard. You just can't get comfortable."

Although Cos isn't all grown up, I feel like she has grown up way too fast.  I can't believe she is almost a year.  Pregnancy was so miserable, and for all of those who are enduring right now, you are angels.  I just really don't miss it.  It was totally worth it, just one of the hardest things I have ever had to endure. Yay for babies that are healthy early and on time. 

If you are still reading my cute sister-in-law, Melanie brought her twinners home from the hospital on Sunday! Her babies are so precious and we are so glad they are home and wearing out their parents!  



2 comments:

Cadle Clan said...

I can't believe it's been a year. She is so cute! Her smile is contagious!

Anonymous said...

Ruggles, your family is so cute!